There are many types of racing and can be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally at some point and then leave the place at regular intervals to reach a particular point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand in order to have a better idea of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to choose the best possible way to reach the destination. World Rally Championship is the most popular championship in this type of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: This is one of the most famous motor sports and involves a lot of specially designed high-speed cars. These are open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in the front and as well as rear to have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is a World Championship that is now known to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the highest level of motor sport and every car racer wants to participate in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This type of racing takes place in snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes place in high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for a better adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This type of race involves highly modified production cars and it is comparatively slower than the sports car racing or the single-seater racing. The most popular championship is the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This type of car racing is similar to Touring car racing and is an American version of the same. The car racing series popular in this type of racing is the NASCAR. This is generally conducted on ovals and the cars used in racing are similar to production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a particular distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the range of cars participating in this race can be everyday car to high class racing cars. It depends on which type of car is being used for drag racing as a street racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and the same distance can be covered by a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Sports car racing takes place in a closed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions compete with each other. This race is particularly for long distances like 1000km and that is why this race involves more than one driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells it all, the racing of some modified cars takes place off road i.e. away from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This type of race involves racing for the best time completion. The cars have to climb the extremely steep hills and the car with the best completion time is the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are quite small and the karts used in the race are quite different from the normal cars that run on roads.
About the Author:
Written By Scotty Johnson
This article provided by ModernImage.net
For auto graphics and decals visit ModernImage. Your Source for body graphics with over 5000 combinations of patterns and colors. Custom graphics and race logos also available.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Scotty_Johnson